SEM/EDX Materials Analysis
Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) coupled with Energy Dispersive X-ray Analysis (EDX) finds applications in a wide variety of industries. The SEM allows for the digital imaging of any solid material at extremely high magnifications and when coupled with EDX Analysis provides the ability to perform elemental analysis of materials and particles observed.
These methods find applications in a variety of industries, materials and applications.
- Contaminant characterization
- minerals and material identification
- coatings, metals, ceramics, polymers, glasses
- failure studies
- structural examination
- powder and particle analysis and sizing
- forensic examination
- compositional distribution and analysis
- Medical Device
- Industrial Hygiene
Every application is somewhat unique, call the lab to discuss your requirements.