Moody Labs is a privately held corporation based in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex with a loyal laboratory clientele from all over North America. We employ a seasoned staff of Geologists, Micro-Biologists, Chemists, Environmental Scientists, Microscopists and Administrative Personnel.
We are always on the lookout for customer-focused individuals with a mind for accuracy and quality. A background or previous job history in one of the sciences; including geology, microbiology, mold analysis, metallurgy, materials, chemistry, physics, failure analysis, forensics, spectroscopy, electron microscopy (SEM or TEM,) asbestos analysis (PLM, PCM, or TEM,) or other laboratory testing services is a plus but not required.
Our laboratory is continuously looking to expand our capabilities into new areas, if you have job experience and/or expertise that you think can help us to accomplish this goal then don't hesitate to contact us regarding job opportunities in our Dallas laboratory.
For consideration, please call or e-mail your resume to Director@moodylabs.com
Moody Labs is an equal opportunity employer offering health insurance, paid vacations, a 401(k) retirement plan and paid holidays.
Current Opening: Full-Time Microbiology Analyst
Our customers are the forefront of our business. Moody Labs has spent the past 25 years building a great analytical reputation for precise, accurate, and “ahead-of-deadline” reporting. If you have a desire to join our team, Moody Labs is looking for a full-time analyst in our ISO 17025-accredited microbiology department.
A successful candidate will work daily on:
- Preparation of client samples for analysis (air, water, swabs, and bulk)
- Mold identification and enumeration through brightfield microscopy
- Creation a great customer experience by providing ahead-of-deadline reporting (meeting or beating expectations!)
- Following Standard Operating Procedures
- Assisting with maintenance of accreditation under ISO 17025 through thorough record-keeping
Occasionally they would also:
- Perform bacterial and mold culturing
- Identify unknown samples
- Work on special projects
- Bring in new techniques and methods
Qualities proven in our most successful analysts:
- Ability to focus on details for long periods
- An aptitude for critical thinking
- Willingness to occasionally work long and/or odd hours
- Ability to be on call every other weekend and every other holiday
- B.Sc. with a strong background in microbiology, specifically mycology or bacteriology.
- Experience with air samples, surface samples, bacteriology, and mycology
- Experience in other fields of environmental testing or laboratories
- Familiarity with ISO 17025
If being part of a team of scientists working together to produce results for our clients sounds like your career, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Full time positions include:
Paid Holidays/Paid Time off
Health/Optical/Dental insurance plans offered.
401k retirement plan with employer matching funds