Moody Labs' Dallas laboratory offers a full range of asbestos testing services. The laboratory is accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) for airborne asbestos by TEM and bulk asbestos by PLM (NVLAP Lab Code 102056-0)
Our laboratory utilizes currently accepted methodologies as published by the EPA, NIOSH, OSHA, or other appropriate recognized authority. Call for requirements not listed here.
Bulk Sample Analysis
- Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM) (EPA 600/R-93/116) Method for the Determination of Asbestos in Bulk Building Materials
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) (EPA 600/R-93/116) Method for the Determination of Asbestos in Bulk Building Materials.
- Soil by TEM and PLM (ASTM Method 7521-13) Standard Test Method for Determination of Asbestos in Soil.
- Vermiculite by TEM and PLM (EPA/600/R-04/004) Research Method for Sampling and Analysis of Fibrous Amphibole in Vermiculite Attic Insulation. The Cincinnati Method
Air Sample Analysis
- Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM) (NIOSH Method 7400) Asbestos and Other Fibers by PCM
- TEM (AHERA, EPA 40 CFR Part 763, Appendix A to Subpart E) Interim Transmission Electron Microscopy Analytical Methods to Determine Completion of Response Actions.
- TEM (NIOSH Method 7402) Asbestos by TEM
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) (VDI 3492) Measurement of Inorganic Fibrous Particles, Scanning Electron Microscopy Method.
Dust Sample Analysis
- Micro-Vacuum Collected Dust (ASTM Method 5755-09) Standard Test Method for Microvacuum Sampling and Indirect Analysis of Dust by Transmission Electron Microscopy for Asbestos Structure Number Surface Loading
- Wipe Collected Dust (ASTM Method 6480-05) Standard Test Method for Wipe Sampling of Surfaces, Indirect Preparation, and Analysis for Asbestos Structure Number Concentration by Transmission Electron Microscopy.
Water Sample Analysis
- TEM (EPA 100.2 – 600/R94/134) Determination of Asbestos Structures over 10um in Length in Drinking Water.