Mold, Bacteria and Microbiology
With over 40 years of combined microbiology analysis experience and a quality manager that has been appointed to AIHA’s Technical Advisory Panel, Moody Labs has the integrity, expertise, and experience to provide accurate, high quality analytical services day in and day out.
Moody Labs provides analysis on a variety of samples; bulk, wipes, swab, and collected air samples.
Non-Cultured (Immediate, Rush, and 2-Day Results)
- Air Samples - ASTM D7391-09 - Determination of Fungal Concentrations in Airborne Samples (Air-O-Cell®, Allergenco D®, Cyclex D®, Micro 5, Digital DIS, and more).
- Bulk and Surface Samples - determination of Fungal Particulates (Tape lifts, Swabs, Wipes, Dust, and Bulk Materials)
Expanded analyses are available to include other particulates including pollen, skin, insect parts, debris, etc..
Non-cultured analyses are reported as total spore counts and concentrations using a relative ranking scale 1-5
Cultured (10 - 14 Day Results)
- Air Samples - Determination of Viable Fungal Concentrations in Airborne Samples (Andersen and Via-Cell)
- Bulk and Surface Samples. Determination of Viable Fungal Particulates in Bulk and Surface Samples (Swabs, Wipes, Dust, and Bulk Materials)
Cultured analyses are reported as Colony Forming Units (CFUs) per unit area, weight, or volume depending on the sample media.
Bacterial contamination can happen at any time, especially where there are floods. Moody Labs has added the following bacterial analyses to assist our clients with evaluating bacterial contamination:
Air, Water, Surface, and Bulk Samples
- Fecal coliform and E.coli presence / absence testing (1-2 days)
- Legionella testing (14-21 days)
- Total colony counts (a.k.a. Heterotrophic plate counts) (1-3 days)
- Gram stain (1-3 days)
- Gram negative genus identification (6-8 days)
Moody Labs has numerous capabilities beyond what are listed here. Give us a call do discuss special projects and pricing.